wbcs syllabus 2023 pdf | wbcs syllabus 2023 | wbcs preliminary syllabus | wbcs prelims syllabus pdf | wbcs mains syllabus | wbcs group c syllabus | wbcs group d syllabus | wbcs math syllabus pdf | wbcs exam syllabus pdf | wbcs full syllabus | wbcs science syllabus | wbcs optional bengali syllabus | wbcs arithmetic syllabus | history syllabus for wbcs | geography syllabus for wbcs | syllabus of wbcs pdf | wbcs exam details | wbcs mains exam pattern | wbcs economics syllabus | wbcs reasoning syllabus | wbcs mains syllabus pdf | wbcs history syllabus | wbcs geography syllabus | wbcs 2023 syllabus | wbcs english syllabus | wbcs exam syllabus | wbcs math syllabus | wbcs prelims syllabus
WBCS Syllabus 2023
West Bengal Civil Service Examination is one of the toughest examinations to be a Civil Servant and every year almost 2 lakh candidates appear in this examination. The examination is conducted by West Bengal Public Service Commission. Though a lot of candidates appear in this exam, most of them do not have a clear understanding of the syllabus and exam pattern of the WBCS Exam. Hence, in this post, we discussed each and every detail of the WBCS Examination Syllabus and WBCS Examination Pattern. So, Read this article up to last to get a crystal clear picture of the WBCS Examination.
WBCS Exam Pattern
WBCS is a three-stage Exam pattern. These stages are –
- Personality Test
WBCS Preliminary Exam
The Preliminary exam in WBCS consists of only one paper – General Studies. The paper itself consists of eight different subjects, which are as below –
- English Composition
- General Science
- Current Events of National & International Importance
- History of India
- Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal
- Indian Polity and Economy
- Indian National Movement
- General Mental Ability
There will be 25 questions on each of the above-mentioned subjects and each question will have 1 mark. Hence, the full mark for WBCS Preliminary Examination is 200 and the duration of the exam is 2.30 Hrs.
WBCS Preliminary Exam Syllabus
- English Composition –
- Idioms and Phrases,
- Vocabulary test,
- Phrasal Verbs,
- the same words bearing more than one meaning,
- use of appropriate and qualifying words etc.
- General Science – This section will cover general appreciation and understanding of science, including matters of everyday observation and experience as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
- History – Emphasis will be on broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic and political aspects.
- Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social and Economic Geography of the country, including the main features of Indian Agricultural and Natural Resources with special reference to West Bengal.
- Indian Polity and Economy will test the knowledge of the country’s Political System, Panchayatee Raj, Community Development and Planning in India,
- Indian National Movement – This portion will relate to the nature and character of the Nineteenth Century Resurgence, Growth of Nationalism and Attainment of Independence.
- General Mental Ability – Logical perception, understanding and natural conclusion.
WBCS Mains Exam Syllabus
WBCS Mains Examination consists of six compulsory papers & one Optional Subject consisting of 2 papers. The six compulsory papers are as below –
WBCS Mains Exam Compulsory Papers
- Paper I: – Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali – Letter writing (within 150 words) / Drafting of Report (within 200 words), Précis Writing, Composition and Translation from English to Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali
- Paper II: – English – Letter writing (within 150 words) / Drafting of Report (within 200 words), Précis Writing, Composition and Translation from Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali to English
- Paper III: – General Studies-I: (i) Indian History with special emphasis on National Movement and (ii) Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal.
- Paper IV: – General Studies-II: Science and Scientific & Technological advancement, Environment, General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
- Paper V: – The Constitution of India and Indian Economy including role and functions of the Reserve Bank of India.
- Paper VI: – Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning.
WBCS Mains Exam Optional Papers
Candidates qualified for the WBCS Mains Examination will have to appear in an Optional Subject consisting of 2 papers. The list of Optional subjects are as below –
- Comparative Literature
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Science
- Political Science
WBCS Mains Exam Mode
|Paper – I||Descriptive|
|Paper – II||Descriptive|
|Paper – III||MCQ|
|Paper – IV||MCQ|
|Paper – V||MCQ|
|Paper – VI||MCQ|
|Optional Paper – I||Descriptive|
|Optional Paper – II||Descriptive|
|Time – 3 Hrs. for each Paper|
WBCS Personality Test
Candidates who will clear cut-off marks of the Mains exam, have to present him/herself before the WBPSC for a Personality Test. Each candidate will be asked
questions on matters of general interest. The object of the test will be to assess the candidate’s personal qualities e.g., alertness of mind, power of clear and logical exposition, intellectual and moral integrity, leadership, and also the candidate’s range of interests.
Candidates for Group ‘B’ Service (West Bengal Police Service) will be specially tested at the interviews with regard to their suitability for the service.
WBCS Exam Papers Marks & Duration
|WBCS Preliminary Exam||200||2.30 Hrs.|
|WBCS Mains – Paper I||200||3 Hrs.|
|WBCS Mains – Paper II||200||3 Hrs.|
|WBCS Mains – Paper III||200||3 Hrs.|
|WBCS Mains – Paper IV||200||3 Hrs.|
|WBCS Mains – Paper V||200||3 Hrs.|
|WBCS Mains – Paper VI||200||3 Hrs.|
|WBCS Mains – Optional Paper I||200||3 Hrs.|
|WBCS Mains – Optional Paper II||200||3 Hrs.|
|Final Merit List is prepared on the basis of Marks scored in Mains & Personality Test|
WBCS 2023 Syllabus PDF Download
We hope that this article will be helpful for you. If you have really found this article worthy, please share it with your friends, & families, and for any queries please drop a comment in the comment box. Thanks for visiting our website.
You may also Like: –